Stewart and I always knew we wanted to have a family, so when we found out I was pregnant in early December 2008, we could not have been more thrilled! I'll never forget the weekend we found out because we had just returned from an amazing Thanksgiving trip to Germany to enjoy the Christmas markets. The following weekend two big things happened... first, I discovered that my engagement diamond was missing and second, that I was pregnant! Talk about some highs and lows!! It's truly amazing how things happen, because as the two events coincided, it really put things into perspective for me. All of a sudden, everything revolved around this little being growing inside me and nothing else mattered - the diamond could be replaced! We decided to keep the baby news our little secret for the first 8 weeks and during that time relaxed on a Christmas holiday to Egypt. Then, on New Years Day 2009, we celebrated by sharing the wonderful news with our family. As expected, they were super excited for us and for the new baby to come!
Reading that positive pregnancy test was just the first in a series of incredible moments Stewart and I would share throughout my pregnancy, Bowen's birth and every second of her life since.
Pure magic.

No comments:
Post a Comment