Friday, 29 January 2010

It's a GIRL!!


Well, I have to say that this was a surprise! Not because I thought I was having a boy, but because other than my friends Meredith, Amy and Antoinette, EVERYONE thought I was having a boy! I guess because Stewart is the oldest of 3 boys! Just goes to show there's no telling, huh?

So, a little background here... we had a trip to the States planned in March of 2009 to celebrate with Brendon (Stewart's youngest brother) who was getting married. So, although I wasn't due to find out until week 23 (after we returned from the States) we decided to have a private scan just before the trip at 17 weeks. It would be so worth it to be able to share the fun and excitement of knowing with our family and friends! Oh, and another very important detail - a baby shower, hosted by my mother in law, Carolyn! That made knowing the sex was a MUST!

So, when Stewart and I walked into the clinic that day, there was so much anticipation and excitement. We were both (more) prepared for the Dr to tell us we were having a boy, so when she said, "You're having a little... (pause for suspense) GIRL." we were both stunned. Of course, I started crying. I had always wanted a little girl and although I would have been in love with either boy or girl, there was something really special about being told I was carrying a baby girl. Stewart, on the other hand, was really in shock. He kept saying, "A girl. A girl. A girl? A girl!" It was really cute to see the the thought settle into his mind as he realized he'd be a daddy to a little girl. I remember it taking almost the entire trip home to sink in! When we got home, we called our family and friends and enjoyed surprising everyone with the revelation that I was actually having a girl!

My day dreaming would seriously increase at this point as I began thinking of who this little baby girl would be and what she would look like. Now I know she's everything I could have ever dreamed of and so much more. Oh, and Stewart? Well, he wouldn't trade his girl for a million boys!

Thank heavens for little girls!

17 Weeks - I love this one!

17 Weeks - 3D - Amazing to see so much detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment