Sunday, 24 January 2010

8 and 12 Weeks - First Scans!

It feels so long ago now, but I can still remember the excitement of those first scans! Of course, there wasn't too much to see at that point, but the moment we saw and heard the beating of that little heart, we were overcome. It was such a relief to know that everything was ok and that our baby was strong and growing. My first scan, at 8 weeks, was done at The Fetal Medicine Clinic- a highly regarded private clinic here in London. Because the NHS does the first scan at 12 weeks, and no medical confirmation of the pregnancy prior to that, Stewart and I opted for a private scan earlier just for peace of mind. Then, at 12 weeks, we went for the regularly scheduled scan at Queen Charlotte's Hospital - where I would give birth. In both scans, the Drs confirmed a due date of August 14th, 2009! and said the baby's growth was tracking perfectly. Music to our ears.

8 Weeks - So tiny!

12 Weeks - Look at that profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment