You guessed it - NYC!! And not just to visit either. :) As of a few weeks ago, we are officially moving to the Big Apple arriving May 19th! We are really excited about this next phase of life and know it will allow us to see our family and friends in the States much more frequently, which we have missed. We also have some close friends in the city who make it a very exciting place to be moving (aside from the obvious awesome city reasons)! I can't wait to explore, explore, explore!! That being said, it is all pretty bittersweet for me as it means saying goodbye to some very close friends, their children and a daily life with the kiddies that I have loved. I am going to miss miss miss it here. London and in particular, Brook Green, will always hold a very special place in my heart. Makes me teary just thinking about it. Having my two babies here, bringing them home from the hospital, 1st and 2nd birthday's in the garden, Christmas morning's, lots and lots of amazing travels, exploring - I could go on and on. I feel so fortunate to have lived here and to have learned a sort of different life and culture. For goodness sake, I've hung all my washing on 2 drying racks for 5 years through 2 babies. That is just insane. I won't say it's been great, but I've done it and it's amazing what you can do when you just HAVE to! All jokes aside, it's been such a learning experience in so many ways and I really do feel like I've grown into myself here. It will be terribly hard to leave my girlfriends and their children and our weekly routine. I'm so proud of those friendships and of those that Bowen has forged, which are many! We will miss them all so much! This, of course, just means we have lots of great reasons to come for a visit and I hope they will all do the same with us in NYC!
When Stewart and I moved over here, we called it our Big Adventure. It has certainly been that and so much more. In the five years we've been here, I can absolutely say that we have fused together. We lean on each other and depend on the other for love, support, advice, adventure, fun, laughs, friendship, entertainment and everything in between. Moving here provided the platform on which to build that kind of relationship. I will be forever grateful for that and for the opportunities we've had to travel together to so many amazing places. Most importantly, though, it enabled us to grow into our own little family as we added Bowen & Henry and that is what I will carry with me in my heart.
Stewart, I'm so happy we did it and so proud that you wanted it! It's been a wild ride and we leave 5 years later with our two sweet babies... wow. I love you and can't wait to see what this next little adventure has in store.
Who knows, maybe you'll even ride a scooter with me... :)
xxxx


No comments:
Post a Comment