So, what about MY travel? Well, I'm sure I have mentioned that Aunt Leah and Uncle Gabe got engaged this past Spring - it happened in London, no less! So, Leah had decided that last weekend she was going to try on wedding dresses for the first time. Every woman knows - that is a moment - and it would have been an especially hard one for me to miss. So, at the very last minute - literally 3 mornings beforehand - I booked a flight to RDU to surprise her and be able to attend her appointments! It was awesome. I was in her kitchen when she walked in from work and simply said, "Good grief, what took you so long?!" She was totally in shock, as you can imagine! She just kept screaming, "What are you doing here?" and "Are you really here?"! It was too fun and I am SO happy I was not only able to go, but to be able to surprise her like that. There are very few times in life when you can pull off a good surprise and this was certainly one of them... I'm not sure I will be able to top it in my lifetime! But, something to shoot for. :) So, it was a wonderful weekend and what made it even better was that Leah actually FOUND her dress and it is just STUNNING. For obvious reasons, I can't post a picture, but just wait 'til you see this girl in her dress - it is amazing and so HER! It was an awesome day and weekend and I'm just so glad I was able to share in it.
Stew did absolutely great on his own, but I missed my babies so much! What a fabulous moment to walk in on Monday morning to their cuddles & kisses. A sweet Bowen story - when I showed her a photo of Leah in her 'princess dress' she said, "I give Leah a kiss." Then she leaned down and kissed the camera. It was just adorable and shows how much she LOVES her Auntie Leah! Oh, did I mention she will be the flower girl & Henry the ring bearer (assuming he's walking!)? Oh, yes, it's going to be adorable and B is already super pumped for HER princess dress.
Ok - that's all for now. It will be October before we know it and you know what that means... pumpkins and Halloween costumes! With two to construct this year, I had better start now!!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment