My sweet little H was 18 weeks old this past Thursday!
Let's see... what's new for him? Well, as you can probably see, he's grown a LOT lately. We weighed him here at the house and figured out he's between 18 and 20 pounds. To put this into perspective - Bowen, who is 20 months older than him weighs 25 pounds!! Pretty funny. He just so much more substantial these days and we've been commenting frequently on how big he's gotten - he's already outgrown a few items Bowen wore at 7-9 months. Wow. Each day between 2 and 4 is our private playtime while Bowen sleeps. It's such a nice time of day and I really value being able to spend some quality one on one time with Henry. People are always commenting on how H smiles so easily - just a glance and he's grinning away! Such a sweetheart. As I've said before, he's very strong and I think he will be sitting up within a few weeks if I had to guess. He's rolling over now, but prefers to lay on his back, LOVES his bouncing Rainforest and has always been content in his bouncy chair. Still super laid back, he's an easy boy. That said we're still waiting for him to go all the way through the night without waking. He goes to bed at 7pm, bottle at 10:30pm, wakes generally around 5am and then goes back down til 7am. At 5am I've been turning on the sound machine and making sure he has his comforter - Mr Owl! - and he's been going back down easily. I started with the comforter this past week and it has seemed to have helped his night waking quite a bit. Stew and I were talking today that we'll probably start rice cereal within the next week or so and that should help some with the deep sleep as well. H loves Bowen and is now actively trying to get her attention and make eye contact with her. It is very sweet to watch them. She is still (primarily) calling him 'baby' and sometimes we find ourselves doing it as well! :) She loves to 'help' him in his Rainforest. While pushing it up and down, she'll say 'jump baby jump'!!! Absolutely adorable and he thinks it is hilarious. Ok - that's all for now.
Enjoy the pics of our sweetie... xo

No comments:
Post a Comment