Saturday, 3 April 2010

Little Chick's First Easter!


These days, I'm constantly blogging about a new first! Today it's Bowen's First Easter - and, I promise, these firsts don't get old - not even in the slightest! With Easter, everything is reborn. Along with the incredible religious significance, Easter brings with it a shift toward all that is new, fresh and beautiful about the world. The trees are budding, flowers blooming, temperature warming and along with some refreshing rain, the sun shines a little more brightly. What could be more amazing than sharing this time (for the very first time!) with your baby girl, who's more curious every day about this world she's living in?!

As expected, I had such a fun time putting together Bowen's Easter basket - with the help of the Easter Bunny, of course! One of my favorite finds, was a book called "Little Chick". I had looked at it a few times before, but had always held off. And now I know why. I think something in me knew there would soon be the perfect occasion. And there really could not have been a more appropriate book to commemorate Bowen's first Easter! It contains 3 charming stories about "Little Chick" and wise "Old-Auntie", each with it's own little message. And I have to say, I was equally as struck by the soft and beautiful illustrations. I am definitely a sucker for beautifully illustrated children's books!! Especially for all of you out there with little girls, this adorable book is a must!

Bowen received some more "play-friendly" books as well. A couple to aid in tactile, sensory development about a bunny and a lamb and one about a duck for bathtime. She also got a new sun hat and some swim covers in preparation for our beach trip to the states in just a couple weeks! Come on, warm weather!! And, any basket wouldn't be complete without a couple soft bunnies and chicks! Bowen LOVES her new "little chick" rattle and "BIG BUNNY" cuddle blanket made by Angel Dear, the same company as her beloved Lamby! They are just so soft. Check out some pictures below of her digging through her basket and playing "peek-a-boo" with her new bunny blanket!

Easter has always meant family to me. And although we don't have our extended families here, we know they're always with us in heart and mind. So, today I'm grateful for all of those I am proud to call family and friends, but most importantly, for Stewart and Bowen, who are my family.

Happy first Easter to the sweetest of sweet little chickies.

Bowen's Easter Basket!

Bowen with her basket!

Figuring out that this is for HER!

Oh so happy with all the loot!

Our bathing beauty.

Playing peek-a-boo with her new blankie!

3 comments:

  1. Bowen is so cute. Send the pictures on here to us. Love Grandpa Rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to sweet Bowen - we can't wait to see y'all in just a few weeks! I'm so excited to meet her and to have some good time with you and Stew. See you soon!
    Sarah Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!!! Im glad that she finally has a fresh clean blankie...and that she doesn't know the difference between the new and old...ha. Absolutely can not wait to see you guys and for the Bubs and Bowen to finally meet! Miss and love you. Give Baby Bowen kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete