
Bowen and I tried something new today and it might be my new favorite thing! She had her dinner as usual from 5:30-6ish, but with today's gorgeous weather and longer day, I just couldn't resist trying to get outside afterward. So, I got Bowen all prep'd for bedtime, added a cardi, threw on the Baby Bjorn and we were off for an 'after dinner walk'! As a child, I have great memories of the 'after dinner walk'. Although, to be honest, most times we were probably riding bikes! But still, when I think of those walks, I remember of our dog, Ozark, the golden hue everything takes on at dusk, my sister's laughter, the ice cream truck, freshly cut grass. It's amazing how those moments can stay with you, even 20 or so years later! I had much the same feeling while out with Bowen tonight. A sense of calm, as we searched out the last bit of fun the day had to offer. So, in the name of fun, there was just enough time left for a little swinging! And she's really growing into it- both literally and figuratively! As we make our way into Spring and Summer, we'll definitely make a habit of this 'after dinner' thing.
The perfect way to wind down the day.






Bowen and Mommy

Swinging!

Special thanks to Lisa's mom, Beth, for this super cute cardigan!!

"What are these for?"

Happy.

Wes takes the kids on a "milk walk" after dinner most nights! That's where Tay sips on her milk. It's the best part of his day...and sometimes mine, too! (I get a few minutes to check e-mail, make a phone call, or have some peace and quiet! :) After dinner walks are the best!
ReplyDeleteWe've been doing an after dinner swing out in the backyard. Such a nice way to wind down the day.
ReplyDeleteI am going to have to show my mom pictures of Bowen in the cardigan...I am still trying to get her to use the computer on her own!