Tuesday, 8 March 2011

34 weeks!


Yes, we are officially in countdown mode here in the Todd house. There are (of course) a million and one things that still need to be done, but we're working through them even though sometimes it seems we do the same things over and over - like sorting and taking MORE stuff to good will! Where does it all come from? I had a little guilt the other day as I flipped through a pregnancy week by week book - you know, the ones that took over my night stand when I was pregnant with Bowen? Well, this time, they have remained on the shelves that are now being cleared off in the soon to be 'nursery'. One said something about the bonding I would be doing with the baby at this point and how I was probably thinking of the baby as it's own separate entity etc. I remember thinking - "Yikes! Actually, not at all! Maybe I should start putting a little mental and emotional preparation into this!" I suspect this is pretty typical of most 2nd or subsequent pregnancies, but even so, I had a twinge of guilt and have made more effort since to focus on this little one and getting ready for him. I am still feeling great minus a little lower back pain and most importantly still getting a nice deep sleep at night which is wonderful. I know that is soon to change and am taking advantage of all I can get! I had my 34 week appt today and all looks good. Bowen came with and loves hearing the baby's heartbeat - we talk about listening for the 'boom-boom' sound. Lately she has been lifting her shirt and patting her tummy saying 'baby' - it is so cute, although I try to remind her she's not actually the one with the baby in her belly! HA

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow you are too cute! And you're almost there! I can't wait to see pics of Bowen and little baby brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess you look great!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip away! We'll catch up sometime this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica...I love you and look forward to seeing another BEAUTIFUL TODD baby!!! I'm sure Jenn will keep me posted!!

    ReplyDelete