First birthday parties... who knew they could be a LOT of work?! We threw Bowen an outside garden party to celebrate the big occasion. I was inspired by this beautiful hand embroidered linen bunting I found at one of my favorite local shops, Bliss Fields. They always have fun and unique things. So, from there I planned out what I would need for a bright, cheery, sun kissed garden party. Or, so I thought! Maybe I needed a reality check. The last time I checked, we live in London and this is late August. My experience should have told me that an outside party might not be the best idea! In the end, it was a bit of a mixed bag, but I would say we got lucky. It didn't pour rain, which would have been the worst outcome, but wasn't exactly sunny and instead had some of the most intense WIND I've seen since living here! I should have had Stewart take some pictures of me as I was trying to put up bunting and even worse - balloons - in this wind storm! Any onlookers must have thought I was an idiot!
So, it never happens exactly as you plan in your best dreams, but even so, it was a great little party for the perfect little birthday girl. Bowen was a little overwhelmed at times, but I think all in all she did pretty well. The smash cake idea proved interesting because they were topped and decorated with fondant icing. Bowen had a hard time digging in through the icing layer, so we didn't get the 'mess' we all had been waiting for. Even so, it was cute and exciting all the same. I have to say, though, the cakes turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the party. I based the design off the bunting and Gina's Cakes did an excellent job on them - even better than I expected!
We were very lucky to have so many of our friends here celebrating with us. And, although we missed our family and friends State-side terribly, so many of you made it special for us by remembering, whether it was a gift, card, phone call or email. Thank you.
Hope you all enjoy this very long list of pictures!
More to come on the destruction of the cake (or lack thereof)!! xo
Birthday girl!
Bowen taking in her party grounds!
All this food, just for me??
Family photo - I promise this is the BEST one! ha
Garden pre-guests!
The Cakes! How cute did they turn out?
Almost too pretty to cut!
Dadda & Bowen
Is this gift for me?!
I guess it is more polite to open the card first!
My sweet girl.
Sitting pretty.
Playing my piano!
Enjoying the party.
Amazing - I'm ONE!

Jess...what a sweet party for a sweet little one year old! Bowen looks like a little princess in that dress!
ReplyDelete