OMG - is there anything cuter than a 2 year old in a ballet get up? This is just too much!! Bowen had her first REAL ballet lesson today (complete with brand new ballet slippers!) and it was adorable. Jill and I enrolled the girls in a class with The Ballet School - you can check it out here - and today at 3:30 was their first lesson (30 mins). The girls are young... the youngest in a class of 16 (2.5-3.5 year olds). It is also a 'drop-off' class, so that is going to be quite a change for them as well. Both Bowen & Esme were reserved/shy/clingy at first, but 1o minutes into the class, they were engaged and very happily participating with rest of the girls. When we left, Bowen said - "I do it again"!! I think that says it all - she LOVED it. This week, Jill and I sat in the room and watched. Next week, our goal is to sit outside the door with an end target of skipping out for a quick coffee with the babies once the girls are comfortable! Bowen's teacher, Miss Nicholette is lovely. She has an assistant, Miss Arlette and Miss Colleen plays the piano. The live piano makes such a difference and you can see it in the girls faces. I have to say, I was wondering whether B would go for a class where she participates without me, but she and E did great today and made both Jill and me very proud.
You may be wondering what Henry was doing... well, he was there and as I was busy encouraging Bowen in the beginning, he sat on the side, happily entertaining himself by digging through my purse. Didn't make a sound! Both he and Paloma were perfect sweethearts!
I am so excited about this, not only for Bowen to begin a proper ballet class, but also for the independence and confidence it will help cultivate. She proved to me today she is a strong little girl, excited to try new things and meet new people. All invaluable.
Lots of love to my little ballerina... xo

Wow, she is adorable! And a little sass in that 2nd pic. haha
ReplyDeleteoh, you better believe there is no shortage of sass... :)
ReplyDelete