Wednesday, 25 January 2012

my boy


I've been wanting to take a few minutes to sit down and write about Henry. Before he was born and for a while afterwards, I have to admit, I was somewhat baffled by having a boy. Being one of 3 girls and having a girl first, I just kind of thought of myself as a 'girl' person. That might sound strange, but for whatever reason, it's just how I felt. I didn't know what to expect - having a boy - whether it would require me to be different than I was or even how I would relate to a boy. Turns out, your child is your child... period. I now know the sex of your baby makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to the crazy way you will love them. Henry has shattered all my preconceptions of having a boy and made me so excited for all those boy things to come. My little boy is so calm, loving and patient. He's curious, resilient and it takes quite a bit to upset him. Oh, and snuggly, cuddly like no one else! Of course, I can not imagine my world without him and he makes me wonder how I could have ever worried. He's my sweet baby whom I adore and I just love getting to know him!

H is quickly approaching 9 months, and can I just say how much I LOVE this age. He's still a baby, but you can see the little bits coming that will transform him into a little toddler. Bowen seemed to bypass this stage as she never crawled and by the age H is now, was nearly walking on her own. Hard to believe when I look back. H loves crawling and exploring on his tummy so will be later to walk. He's now pulling up as of this week! He still has zero teeth - which I am also loving because he still looks so 'baby', but I think they are coming soon. On the food front, he's eating a pretty wide variety... chx, sweet potato and apple puree, vegetable lentil puree, sweet vegetable puree (potato, carrot, onion, peas, corn), courgette gratin, butternut squash, toast, pear, apple, mango, banana fruit pieces and puree (pear, apple, mango, bananas, strawberries, blueberries), porridge, and rice cakes. There's still more to get into, but he's really healthy, eating tons and growing like crazy. Most people guess he's 10/11 months. And his look is changing too. His hair is growing a bit - very blond. I think he may have a bit darker skin tone than Bowen - a little more golden and his beautiful eyes just seem to get a brighter shade of turquoise every day. As he's gotten a little older, I see a little more of myself in him, but on the whole everyone seems to agree - he is Stewart #2! Henry is so easygoing and will gladly sit with most anyone as long as he's not too hungry or tired. Just the other day, we went to a friend's birthday where H got passed around... everyone was raving about how sweet and adorable he is and he was just smiling away! He makes it all very easy for me (or at least much easier!!). Oh, and have I mentioned how much he loves his little owl comforter?! You should see his little face light up each time he gets to snuggle up for naps or bedtime! It's just like Bowen's little lamb by Angel Dear, but a brown owl. Too sweet and I think one of the reasons my kids love to sleep so much!

Stewart took these pictures when we were hanging out in the garden this past weekend and I am always thankful to have moments like these captured on film. Like most mom's, I'm often the one taking the photos (which I love) but in the years to come it will be wonderful to have ones like these to look back on.

Oh, Henry, I love you so, my sweet boy.

How could I have imagined my life without you?

Love love always - Momma xo





No comments:

Post a Comment