Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Disappointment


Yes... disappointment. That's because not only have my Christmas cards not made it to you all, at this point I'm not sure they EVER will! You see, to avoid some serious postage charges, I normally address any large bulk mailings and send them in one package to my sister who kindly adds the stamps in the US and drops them in the mail. As of yesterday, she had still not received the cards and I mailed them ages ago. If that weren't bad enough, at this point only 2 of 7 family Christmas packages I mailed in early December have made it to their intended recipients! I have to say, that is terribly disappointing when I put a lot of time and effort into the entire process of purchasing, wrapping, and posting - not to mention wanting our family members to know we were thinking of them at Christmastime! It all just feels like such a waste. I have never had such an awful experience with the postal system! Hopefully at least the gift packages will eventually find their destinations, but if the Christmas cards don't ever make it, I thought you should at least see the photo I used. It was taken in the garden of our villa in Provence next to the pool. Bowen was about 14 1/2 months and is wearing her 'Thanksgiving' dress. This may have to do as our official - Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

Maybe next year I'll have better luck - let's hope so! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment