(Taken right before we left to come home!)
I've been meaning to post on Turkey for some time now and realize I have a bad track record when it comes to posting about our trips. I never got to the beach trip earlier this year - I think that had something to do with the overwhelming # of pictures that were taken. A shame too, there were some really good ones. Oh well, moving on! I'm going to try to be better about documenting our trips and that brings me to Turkey. Thinking back on it and looking through the pictures makes me want to be there all over again. It was just such a lovely place - both the country/coastline and the resort where we stayed - I mean, really breathtaking! The coastline was so unspoilt and peaceful. We were on the southwest coast outside of Bodrum in Torba. The resort we stayed at was Casa dell'Arte - a small boutique resort dedicated to the combination of fine art and upscale relaxation. This place exuded relaxation and the whole vibe of the place was so chill and low key. All of the staff were exceedingly friendly but not intrusive. They LOVE children and were always paying attention to Bowen - we never felt anything was too much trouble when it came to her. That being said, children never seemed to overrun the place. It was that great balance. I'm actually surprised by how much I got to relax while we were there, having a 1 year old. Much of this has to be put down to my kind and attentive husband - who proved invaluable :) In all seriousness, though, we were conscious to make the most of the 3 hrs a day that Bowen napped, taking turns to sit by the room so the other could enjoy the AMAZING sun loungers and a good book. Luckily though, there was also a nice patio area outside the room that got good sun, so, even whilst babysitting, you needn't neglect your tan!! Bowen on the other hand, did NOT work on her tan. And, I have to admit, I came to grips on this trip that I do, in fact, have a very pastey skinned child! Stewart would say, porcelain, but I definitely say pastey and how appropriate she was born in England! No offense to my British friends!! She must have Stewart's skin, because I definitely had more color as a child. All this to be said, we were absolutely vigilant about the sun screen and she successfully remained quite pale! When we left for the trip, B had just turned a year, but it was the first time all summer that we had her by the sea. She was too young to really enjoy it when we were in the US at the beach - plus the water was still way too cold. This time, the weather was perfect and although the majority of the resort's coast was fabulously fitted with wooden planked docks and sun beds, there was a small reserve of beach that was just perfect for the little ones and their sand toys. At first, B did not know what to think of the waves and was pretty cautious, but after a couple days, settled in and enjoyed the water's edge. There were a few other children for her to interact with and she enjoyed going into the water with Stewart or me or both! So, there you have it... the trip to Turkey proved a success and to be honest - exactly what the doctor ordered! I have a little guilt about not taking advantage of the amazing sightseeing on offer throughout the region, but that will be saved for our next visit. Sometimes you just have to be honest about what you can do and this trip it just wasn't in the cards - no regrets there!
Enjoy the pics to come - just imagine, they don't do it justice!
xo

No comments:
Post a Comment