Wednesday, 20 October 2010

14 Months Today!


Boy, is time flying! Bowen is 14 months today and growing up before our eyes. I snapped a few pics earlier today out in the garden... such a pretty day. We met some friends for a music class and lunch and now waiting for the cable repairman while B naps. I can't wait to get back outside later today - definitely one of those days that makes you love a good chunky sweater! Bowen surprised me this morning and reminded me that she is listening and learning from everything that we say and do together. I brought out some ABC flashcards that have pictures on the back representing each letter. We do them every so often - first, saying the letter and then what item or animal is on the back. Today after going through them, they were on the floor all around her and I asked her to find me a particular one. She found it immediately and we went on to "find" almost the entire alphabet's worth of pictures. It was so fun to see her search through and pick out the "J is for jelly beans", "H is for hat" and "L is for lion". It's sometimes easy to underestimate what she can do and understand at this age because she can't talk, but she exceeds my expectations every day! By the way "D is for dog" is BY FAR her favorite card! Another thing she loves right now is any kind of music or song. She just loves to dance to the music and will frequently look up at the IPod in the kitchen and make dancing movements until I turn it on for her. One of her favorite songs from our music class is "Wind the Bobbin up" - I suspect a British song, since I had not heard it before. She loves to do her hands/arms in a winding motion to signal that she wants me to sing the song. It's very cute. One of Bowen's favorite books lately is "We're Going on a Bear Hunt". She wants us to read this to her over and over again and gets VERY excited when the family comes upon the bear and then has to run away home! Anyway, those are just a few things I wanted to note before they get forgotten - my memory is not what it used to be!! Hope each of you are enjoying a beautiful fall day where ever you happen to be! xo








1 comment:

  1. "Go long Mommy!" Looks like Bowen is working on her throw! Lily loves playing with balls outside too...I just wish she didn't have a preference for the old tennis balls we toss around to Jackson :)

    Cute pictures Jess!

    ReplyDelete