As I sit down to write this post, I can hardly put two sentences together. I just feel SO tired. I have been exhausted since we returned from the States a week and a half ago and just can't seem to get to the other side. While our trip was wonderful in so many ways, it was absolutely non-stop with very little downtime. Add to that being 10 weeks post baby, 10-15 hrs travel time each way with 2 kids, a five hour time change and 10 week old who didn't sleep well at night. Phew. Just writing all this down answers my own question as to why it is taking me so long to recover!! That is A LOT. So, truly, we did very little last week apart from unpacking and a little tidying - and it was exactly what I needed!
In between it all, Henry is 14 weeks old today! This is really incredible to me - where has the time gone? He is such a darling, content little boy it makes each moment spent with him an absolute pleasure. He's really starting to mature and show some involvement and personality which is always satisfying and fun to watch. Bowen is taking more interest in him by the day. It's wonderful to watch his face light up when she comes over to him - it's clear she is very entertaining!
And entertaining she is!! Bowen will turn 2 the end of this month and that too, blows my mind. She is just SO funny these days and a busy little bee. She sang her first song this past week - "The Big Ship Sails on the Ally Ally O". It's one we sing at the library music class we attend here and it shocked me when she started singing it because it must have been 3 weeks since she'd heard it! But there we were at the park, her swinging and singing away. Too cute. She also did her first 'pee pee' in the potty last week - totally on her own. She got down from dinner and said, "I wanna go pee pee in the potty." Then she took her nappy off and marched straight into the bathroom and sat on her little red potty. It took about 5 minutes, but eventually, she did exactly as she said. Then she promptly reached in and touched it!! hahaha YUCK. She loves to watch Dora The Explorer in the mornings (or anytime!) with her cup of milk and because I've been so tired, I have be indulging this request - perhaps too much. That will come to a close very soon. As each episode comes to a close, she turns to me and says "one more time" in a very matter of fact way. Sometimes it's shortened to "one time" if she's in a hurry! :) Dancing is one of Bowen's favorite activities and if you get a good song going - currently it's a little Phil Collins or Bare Naked Ladies (we have the worst IPOD of all time) she will really go to town for you! The biggest thing right now, though, is that her verbal skills have really taken off. Stew and I have joked many times recently that she is a little parrot - repeating and trying to say EVERYTHING that we do. Guess this is when it becomes crucially important to 'watch your mouth'! But it is incredible how easily she is communicating everything she wants to with me & Stew. Just yesterday, she learned to say 'i love you'. When Stew came home from work, she said 'I love you, Dadda' and I know it just about melted his heart. The time from about 6-8 pm is commonly referred to as the 'twilight zone' - as she just goes into crazy mode where anything and everything is F-U-N! It's the time I'm just praying we won't be on our way to the emergency room before bedtime because she just throws her body around! She just loves when Dadda comes home from work and has so much fun playing, dancing and generally getting herself really worked up so that bedtime is the farthest thing from her mind! She is a very determined little girl and it's clear she knows exactly what she wants. When I think of her, I think BRIGHT. Not only is she incredibly clever, her whole being just lightens a space - those beautiful bright eyes and that sweet mischievous smile. She loves to laugh. She is fun and happy. She brings unmeasurable happiness and joy to our lives.
So there's a tiny little update. There's much more, but that will have to suffice for now! I've got a ton of pictures to share and document. Vacation photos to come, but I'll begin with some that I've taken since we've been home - if only because that's a more manageable start!
Enjoy! xo

No comments:
Post a Comment